We’re back after the Against All Odds pay-per-view! The LAX defeated Team 3D, Christian Cage retained his belt, Sabin beat up on Jerry Lynn, and Kip James ripped off Christy Hemme’s clothes! Among other things…
Remember, general comments and “wishes” appear in basic white while random or rhetorical questions appear in this orange color. In addition, “Quotes of the Night” are at the bottom of this page.
- I didn’t watch the PPV, but the opening of the show tells me that Christian Cage retained his belt
- And here comes the Big Bad Booty Daddy, Scott Steiner to open up the show!
- Steiner runs down a long list of WWE wrestlers that he beat while managing to get Kurt Angle to the ring
- Did Steiner just call Kurt Angle’s wife a bitch?
- Oh man, someone tell Angle to shut up about going head-to-head with his former employer…
- How great is Scott Steiner with the “Screw you, screw the company” line?
- Good Grief! Kurt Angle just put Steiner, Christian, and Tomko in the Ankle Lock!
- Ah, but the entire lockerroom clears out to run Scott Steiner and the gang out of the ring
- And NOW we get the official opening the show!
- Did Konnan just call Team 3D some hoes? How stupid…
- Hey look, Konnan is a pissed off Latino… Ooooo, how original…
- Come on already – just let these guys wrestle as the ridiculously good wrestlers they are
- Mercifully, we cut to commercial
- Can someone fix the audio on this show? Sometimes Christian is talking and you can’t hear a damn thing he says!
- But I can tell that Christian is yapping in the lockerroom area about this #1 Contender’s Match for tonight
- Here come the pissed off Latinos to completely destroy Shark Boy and Norman Smiley
- Wow! What a squash match – but hey, nice to see Smiley
- Team 3D pops up on the screen and hey, they’ve got a friend…
- It’s Steve Schirripa from the Sopranos!
- I think we’re supposed to call him, “Cousin Steve”
- LOL! Schirripa is absolutely hilarious on the mic!
- Ooooo, a “Belting Pot Match” – it’s a Lumberjack Match with belts
- Wow. Does TNA know how to ruin a great promo or what?
- Was there a need for that stupid “Oh my Brotha, testify!” from Devon?
- Did Konnan really have to continue to put LAX over even after that great promo from Schirripa?
- What a disaster the end of that was…
- Awww, Eric Young got played by Ms. Brooks and Roode
- This looks like it has bad angle written all over it…
- So I guess that Eric Young is Robert Roode’s bitch or something
- Is Robert Roode supposed to be like a business man or something?
- What the hell is Bob Backlund doing just walking around backstage?!? Ha ha ha!
- We get a recap of James Storm and Jacquelyn Moore’s history against Petey Williams and Gail Kim
- Gail Kim and Jackie come out for an arm wrestling match
- Is there anyway that this can end without a catfight?
- Why is Storm out with Jackie, but Williams isn’t out with Kim?
- And Gail Kim wins the arm wrestling match!
- Oh hey, look – cat fight!
- Who would have thunk it?
- And now Petey Williams comes out – a little bit late…
- Chris Harris hits the ring and James Storm runs for the hills
- Chris Sabin is in the back making fun of Jerry Lynn again
- And I think that Bob Backlund just told Sabin that he was going to get him or something – someone, fix the damn audio!!!
- So we cut to the Paparazzi thing and are they spoofing American Idol?
- Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Nash is playing Simon Cowell and some hottie is playing a drunken Paula Abdul! Hilarious
- Jay Lethal does a mean Macho Man impression
- It appears that the impression just won him a trip to potunka or something
- Ugh, this Ron Killings in Hollywood stuff is just stupid. Someone please stop it.
- We’ve got another recap of the Sting vs. Abyss feud
- Does someone at TNA think that we don’t watch each week and thus they need to “catch us up” every Thursday?
- Sting comes to the ring to take on AJ Styles in the beginning of the Gauntlet Match for the #1 Contender’s spot
- Some pretty decent action until Rhino comes out and we have to cut to break
- By the way, it’s nice to have Cornette on commentary for this match
- Oh boy. We’re back and we’ve got 6 guys in the ring and Abyss on his way. I think I see Kip James, Abyss, Sting, Rhino, Sabin, and Styles among others
- Wow – Abyss is just manhandling everyone. He just tossed Chris Sabin out
- And now Kurt Angle comes into the fray and puts a stomping on James Storm
- It’s sorta funny – Kip James is a stiff worker in TNA, too
- And Kurt Angle back body drops Storm out of the ring
- Tyson Tomko enters the ring and puts a beatdown on Kip James as Styles has Rhino tied up in some manuever as they both are eliminated
- Here comes Samoa Joe and I have to say that you’ve got a bunch of ex-WWE stars in the ring right now – looks weird
- And Joe tosses out Kip James before we go to commercial
- Can you believe how quick this hour of television is flying by?
- Scott Steiner enters the ring as we return from the break
- Ha ha ha! Eric Young is holding onto the bottom rope!
- Steiner tosses BG James
- Good God! Samoa Joe hit Abyss with a standing inseguri (sp?) and then hit a drop kick on the big man to eliminate him! Awesome!
- Kurt Angle gets tossed and taunted by Scott Steiner
- Robert Roode just put a big-time clothesline on Sting in the middle of the ring
- Lots of action to follow here, folks
- Sting with a Stinger Splash on Robert Roode and then a clothesline to eliminate him
- But wait, Steiner tosses Sting in the process!
- The remaining participants are Tomko, Steiner, and Samoa Joe
- We get some nice double teaming on Samoa Joe until there is some dissension in the ranks and Samoa Joe tosses Steiner over the top
- Is there any question that Samoa Joe is going to win now?
- I’ll tell you what, Samoa Joe can move pretty good in that ring
- And Samoa Joe gets the victory with a pin in the middle of the ring
- Who does the ring music for TNA? Hearing Samoa Joe’s music after the match did absolutely nothing to pique the audience’s excitement
- Kurt Angle comes in to help Samoa Joe fight off Team Christian as we hit the Impact replay and end the show
- Not a bad effort tonight. Not bad at all
Quotes of the Night:
“And I don’t care how many times Triple H had to sleep with the boss’ daughter, I beat him!” – Scott Steiner saying how many of us feel about Triple H’s position in WWE
For direct feedback, my e-mail address is listed below (I respond to all e-mails). Please feel free to submit your own wishes via the Feedback Form listed below. You never know – your wishes may appear in the next wish list!